Monday, November 12, 2007

The Sober Amy?

Anouk Teeuwe was born on April 8, 1975 in The Hague, Netherlands.

Anouk's interest in music began because her mother is also a singer. Anouk initially sang at weddings and parties with the band Shotgun Wedding...you've certainly come a long way from singing for wedding cake eh?

Well, she first got my attention when I was on a website looking for something fresh and exciting to put on my playlist and I came across her on someone else's playlist on Imeem! So, once I pressed play I couldn't stop wondering who this girl with this beautifully weird voice was, so I googled the name Anouk and got some info and some concert dates for future reference!

This talented Dutch singer is the new apple of my music eye, and one can't help but compare her retro sound to that of everyone's favorite druggie Amy Winehouse...now, I must say, I love Amy, but...there comes a time when one has to choose the sober candidate...eh American 2008 voters? Lets not make the same mistake THRICE.

So without further ado...Anouk.



Here's hoping she's as sober as Brittney Spears seemed upon her music arrival...fool me once music...fool me once...

Loveyah like a coldsore...

-Emmy