Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Menspiration....

There's tons and tons of fashion blogs, and fashion magazines, and fashion lovers for women's style but there's not too many for men. As I said in one of my earlier posts, I appreciate the fact that my guy friends took the time to tell me that my blog would be better if I were to make posts and inspirations for the guy fashion lovers...I happily obliged...

So, I have come up with what I love to call my "Menspiration."

Its compiled of different looks, different talented male models, and different designers and each time I make on of these posts I highlight my favorite looks from a certain spectacular menswear collection or I highlight a bunch of different one.

By doing this, I am hoping to get a strong male fanbase as well as female.

The collection that has got the spotlight this week is Bottega Veneta's Fall 2007 collection.

I chose this collection because in most Fall collections, you can get a good selection of thin sweaters and different casual items ripe for the picking by the average stylish man, but Bottega Veneta seems to have pulled together a collection that can run into Winter with its rich colors and thick fabrics that aren't too hot or too cold.

With Bottega Veneta, I always know that whether its the men's or women's collection they will offer modern yet classic staples that come in a variety of styles, but this year they have gone above and beyond with every aspect.

The styles I am about to post can be recreated with cheaper brands of clothing, for those of us who don't have pockets as deep as, say...Ashton Kutcher (a newly stylish man thanks to his cougar Demi!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That's my first post of Menspiration.

If some of those looks are too dressy, don't be afraid to add a fun gold chain and some fun sunglasses...and hey maybe even a nice pair of sneakers. You can mix it up to make it all your own by substituting one of the nuetral peices for a bright colored one.

Now remember, for those of us who aren't so deep in the pocket are, there are plenty of places where the same looks or similar ones can be created for a fraction of the price.

Here's a list of a few online sites for stores where you can get those cheaper peices:

www.urbanoutfitters.com

www.nordstroms.com

www.ralphlauren.com

www.macys.com

Loveyah like a coldsore.

-Emmy

No comments: